This post is intended to provide you, fellow Cherry Mobile Titan users, the steps on how to successfully root your Cherry Mobile Titan (w500) without bricking your gadget. I have done this myself, therefore I have proven these steps to be working. I bought my Cherry Mobile Titan (w500) White less than a month ago after my Samsung Note (N7000) was stolen. Since I have rooted my Samsung Note before, I also tried rooting my new Cherry Mobile Titan by following step by step instructions. Anyway, here are the steps, but take note to ROOT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Praning’s Shoutout will not be held responsible for whatever will happen to your phone while doing the root process. Rooting your phone will also void your warranty.
- First, download these files first: Moborobo and Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15.7z.
- Install the Moborobo in your PC.
- Open and extract Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15.7z file in your PC.
- In your phone, make sure that the USB DEBUGGING function is checked. Go to Settings and then Developer options and check USB DEBUGGING.
- Connect your Cherry Mobile Titan to your PC then open the MOBOROBO application and wait for a while. Let it install the driver and apps on your phone in order to access it.
- If you have successfully installed the driver you will see a screen similar to the screen shown below. If you have encountered an error just refresh the connection, and be sure to close Moborobo application after you have installed the driver successfully, or else you will encounter an error on the next steps.
- Go back to the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 folder that you have extracted and look for the file RunMe.bat and just DOUBLE CLICK it and NOT run as administrator.
- A Command window will open then choose 1 and press Y for yes (if necessary) and press enter. It will now run the whole rooting process and just wait for it to finish, take note that it will reboot for a couple of times (2 times) and once the PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE… showed up it means you have successfully ROOTED your phone
Take note that you will know if you have successfully rooted your phone if you will see the SUPERSU icon in your phone. Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Cherry Mobile Titan (W500)!
Cherry Mobile Titan can now be updated to Jelly Bean! Read my review of the new features here:
and Follow The Steps On How to Update Your CM Titan From ICS to JB here:
Credits to rnovino of Pinoy Screencast.